Social Media in the PR Strategy
Founded by Lisa Buyer, The Buyer Group is search engine savvy by design and leverages more than 15 years of award-winning talent and resources.
The Buyer Group bridges the power and influence of online media outlets such as social media sites, blogs, RSS feeds, Google News, Yahoo news and MSN/Bing. A recent study found that 89 percent of reporters/editors turn to blogs for story research, 65% to social media sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn, and 52% to microblogging services such as Twitter.
Social Media by the Numbers:
- People are watching 2 billion videos a day on YouTube and uploading hundreds of thousands of videos daily. In fact, every minute, 24 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube.
- Second most popular search engine on earth after Google
- As of June 2010, more than 33 million people visited Yelp in the past 30 days
- Yelpers have written over 12 million local reviews, over 85% of them rating a business 3 stars or higher
- Help customers find your business
- Show photos, respond to reviews, offer coupons and more
- Get insights to make better business decisions
- More than 500 million active users
- 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- Average user has 130 friends
- People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
- More than 30 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each month.
- Classify and bookmark web content. It allows users to share important URL’s with others and together build a storehouse of knowledge about a particular subject.
- Has recently been redesigned and the new interface and functionality of the social news network focuses on the personalized news stream, “My News,” which shows stories dugg by users you choose to follow (similar to Twitter), rather than the most popular news
- # of tweets, daily: 70 million
- # of tweets, monthly: 2 billion
- # of registered users: 145 million
- # of account sign-ups, daily: 300,000
WeeWorld: Social media also lets you create your alter ego as an avatar. There are more than 33 million registered WeeMees on WeeWorld and partner sites such as AIM.
- Fastest growing (+54%) virtual world among teens
- High engagement with teens visiting the site at least once per week and spending more than 100 minutes each month
- Top 3 virtual world in average time spent per visit
- Top 10 teen site based on total unique US visitors
Virtual worlds are growing
- Virtual worlds estimated to grow by 21% per year
- Global virtual world users to reach 640M by 2015
- Social media spending to hit $3.1B in 2014
- Teen spending will reach $208.7B in 2011
- Virtual goods market to reach 1.8B this year
- LinkedIn has over 75 million members in over 200 countries.
- A new member joins LinkedIn approximately every second, and about half of all members are outside the U.S.
- Executives from all Fortune 500 companies are LinkedIn members.
The Buyer Group uses a blend of tactics to make your site more search engine friendly and your online presence more competitive. Our creative, persuasive and technical skills follow best practices that generate positive editorial coverage and improves natural search results, driving more qualified visitors to your site.