AR/VR PR: Tell Your Stories with Immersive Realities
Demand for augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) experiences is destined for explosive growth this year compared with 2017, according to a study released by International Data Corp (IDC).
Will VR headsets be the new press kit? Yes, please! Will you meet up with journalists in Facebook Spaces? Press enter.
We are living in a world of merging realities, and if you’re not adapting public relations and marketing campaigns, you’re relevancy is quickly shrinking. In the age of experiential Social PR and marketing, we must adapt our Social PR and marketing strategies to the way our audience wants to experience content and interact with your brand.
Whether it’s 360 video, 3D or other Immersive media types. Today’s reality is bringing the story to reality. We are quickly moving from 2D to 3D. Your audience’s virtual reality.
AR/VR PR is a game changer. In addition to where we distribute our brand news and content, we have to understand how to deliver it so that it’s AR/VR friendly — taking advantage of the latest technology so the user experience is seamless.
Today’s successful public relations programs are humanized, empathized, and magnetic, telling your story is now lifelike and i realtime. In this market, content is served up via apps through headsets, glasses, and mobile such as Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and LinkedIn.
So understanding, how people use VR and behave in the environment they have chosen, gives us cues in how to allure them into the experience.
AR/VR PR: An Immersive Strategy
Today being a PR professional isn’t about winning fancy awards, it’s about telling a story through immersive storytelling.
And it’s not just how your audience is seeing your news, it’s how well they empathize with your story, and how you are delivering it. VR headset users cannot multitask like we do with our mobile phone - so if you can get your audience engaged and they interact with your story - you will have their undivided attention.
AR/VR PR: Augmenting PR Realities
Experimenting with different types of realities is an enchanting way to tell the story and it’s a way to make your audience feel like they are there with you. The trick is making sure your content media is in the right place, at the right time ready to be found by the people who matter — your audience, influencers and VR journalists who will share, talk, discuss, and give your story wings in a virtual heaven.
Just look at how it is changing our lives and the face of PR:
- According to a recent estimate by Goldman Sachs, AR and VR are expected to grow into a $95 billion market by 2025
- Augmented Reality is expected to have 1 billion users by 2020. Right now, more than 543 start-ups are listed under this category on Angelist. via marketsandmarkets.com
- Almost 75% of the world’s valuable brands are taking advantage of industry-specific VR apps to increase customer satisfaction or improve employees’ performance, according to Forbes.
- Just Over 50% Of Viewers Showed Some Increase In Their Likelihood Of Purchasing Or Using VR Technology After A Brief Informational Experience.via Nielsen report
- By 2020, over 20% of commercial media on Facebook will be 360-degree video and photo content, IDC predicts via Investors.com.
- Nearly 1.3 Million People Subscribe To The YouTube 360 Channel via Motley Fool
The Buyer Group asks, is your public relations program AR/VR savvy?
The Buyer Group: AR/VR PR Pros
The roles are changing in public relations; the VR Journalist/Publicist must know what technology and platform is best to deliver a vivid version of the brand’s story. This requires a whole new way of creating and distributing content. The advantage is reaching your audience anywhere at any time in a way that’s so enticing and captivating there is nothing more to do than interact with it.
The Buyer Group can assess your PR program to ensure it’s AR/VR ready, or help match you with the resources to roll out your AR/VR project.
Whether it’s an immersive VR press release, a special project implementing an immersive experience at a tradeshow or conference, creating an empathetic experience to raise money at your next fundraiser, or just integrate 360 video and augmented reality content into your Social PR stream.
The Buyer Group is ready to put to take your news and content to the next dimension.
Lisa Buyer is the founder of The Buyer Group, and is an industry thought leader in the area of PR. With more than 75 conferences, webinars and workshops under her belt, Lisa can be found teaching, speaking, and writing for various search and social marketing media outlets across the United States.
As a frequent speaker, Lisa has keynoted conferences and shared panels with representatives from Google, Microsoft, and Digg as well as search and social thought leaders such as Brett Tabke, Marty Weintraub, Greg Jarboe, Cindy Krum, Michael Martin and Sarah Evans. Lisa is an adjunct professor at the University of Florida and has been on the faculty of @ClickZ, an instructor for the University of San Francisco’s online Advanced Social Media certificate program and for Online Marketing Institute (OMI.)
AR/VR PR: The Buyer Group Skill Set
Ready to make your news immersive? Here’s just a few things we can do for you:]
- AR/VR PR Training, Speaking and Moderating for agencies and brands.
- AR/VR PR creative strategy and development
- AR/VR PR consulting and project management
- AR/VR PR newsrooms.
- Immersive media types
- AR VR PR optimization
- AR content creation and consulting
What can you do right now?
- Start small. No need to break the bank with an expensive experiment.
- Have realistic expectations.
- Match the your AR/VR strategy to a business goal.
- Measure and benchmark.
- Educate first. A great book to read Marketing New Realities by Cathy Hackl and Samantha Wolfe. Get a head start on gives you the tools you’ll need to understand, create, and manage successful AR and VR campaigns now and for years to come.
To find out more about The Buyer Group’s services, please contact us today at 407.964.1383.